wsbpel-reqts message

Subject: splitting issues

It seems as we're getting into some complex issues, people are interested in offering partial resolutions to make progress without closing the entire original issue.  I think this is good.  However, how it brings up questions about how we should handle the issues.  We've opened new related issues in some cases.  This doesn't necessarily reflect the close tie between parts of an issue.   In others we just left the issue open (or closed and reopened), and had some resulting confusion about whehter there was work left to be done.  I'd also like to make sure we have a sense of how many sub issues are being split off.

I've been thinking about the ability to identify parts of issues with letters/dot numbers - eg, issue 103 a or  103.1 etc.  and asking those who provide a partial resolution to also provide the sub issue descriptions when they propose the partial solution.
Peter, would this even be possible in our list?
If so, what does this subgroup think?  We'll have our regular call next week and can discuss then, or let us know by email.
Regards, Diane
IBM  Emerging Internet Software Standards
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123, Fax 845-491-5709