Subject: request permission to go on leave

Diane and John,

I am taking a sabbatical this summer from June 20 to labor day.  I like to think of it as "phase 2 paternity leave" since my only daughter is going to college next year.

I would like to be treated as being "on leave" from the TC during that period.  We will also need to find a coordinator for the editing work during that period.  Let us discuss the latter during the F2F next week.

Satish