Subject: RE: [wsbpel] RE: Requirements and Scope Documents?

On Tuesday, June 24, 2003 3:05 PM, David RR Webber wrote:

> Here's the rationale - it appears the technical spec' was completed
> without anyone actually deciding the requirements (otherwise we'd
> not be having this conversation!!!!)

I'm not sure if I would agree with that assumption, but I wasn't around
when BPEL 1.0 was developed.  There were reqs for WSFL and XLANG which
provided some of the initial ideas for BPEL.  BPEL was designed to
support both abstract and executable usage patterns while uniting block
structured (XLANG) and graph-oriented (WSFL) modeling approaches.

We're working with an established spec.  I'm (once again) not sure why
we need to write a requirements document for an established spec.

> - what we have is a technical spec' that resulted from the Nike
approach - > "Just do it", and "oh yeah,take a look at pi-calculus - we
need that too".

Since neither of us was present at the initial design sessions we should
avoid making these types of sweeping statements.

JohnE