Subject: WS BPEL Issues process ballot

As discussed on the last WS BPEL TC call, we want to start focusing the work of the TC on technical issues.  To facilitate this we are asking you to review and accept the issues/requirements process.   We've started a ballot with a link to the latest issues process documenet.  I've included a few highlights below and the document includes an appendix wiht a summary for a quick review.  The intent is that this process is a starting point which we will evolve and refine as needed.  To indicate your willingness to start using this process, please go to this link and vote on the WS BPEL issue process ballot:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/ballot.php?id=166

Here are a few highlights of the process:
- any TC member may create an issue by sending a note with "New Issue" in the subject to our issues list editor, Peter Furniss (<peter.furniss@choreology.com>).   The preferred format is described in the issue process document.
- all issues must be resolved in some fashion before the TC approves a committee specification.
- resolution of issues will be decided by the full TC either by vote in the bi-weekly meetings with quorum or by website ballots.
- a champion will be solicited for each issue (may or may not be the originator) to facilitate progress toward resolution by initiating appropriate activities, possibly outside the bi-weekly meetings, to research topics, explore alternatives, and recommend readiness for full TC review in collaboration with interested parties on the TC.
- the full TC will review issues on the bi-weekly calls.  The agenda will identify those for the upcoming meeting (goal is to have this available by Friday before the Wednesday calls).   Input on ones ready to be included will be taken from any TC member with help from the issues coordination subgroup and issue champions for suggestions.  The review may include discussion of technical content of the issue, proposed solution, alternatives, etc. as well as a vote on resolution.
- the process is open to participation by the any TC member at each step.

Regards, Diane
WS BPEL TC co-chair