Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue - 11 Your opinion requested

Yaron,

I just posted another note - keep it simple in V1.0

C;learly the W3C XQuery update function is targetted at RDBMS style
SQL update type functionality - that does who knows what across
a set of tables and rows with a bunch of scary SQL-esque syntax.

I'd hasten to say that here in BPEL we want simple ability to update a
few known "columns" within a single XML set - and we can achieve that
using plain simple XPath and a structure with an input / output field
mapping capability.

Then we can review more for V1.+ of BPEL all in good time ; -)

Cheers, DW.
Message text written by INTERNET:ygoland@bea.com

My concern is that the W3C XQUERY group is actively working on coming up
with a XUPDATE syntax. Therefore any XPATH based syntax the BPEL TC invents
to provide XUPDATE style functionality will, by definition, conflict with
the work the W3C is doing. Perhaps the BPEL TC should establish a liaison
with the W3C XQUERY folks and get them to more directly help us out?

        Yaron

<