Subject: RE: [wsbpel] a few points of immediate interest in the revision of OASIS TCProcess

I'll check with the oasis folks on how stringently they expect this to be enforced.
Regards, Diane
IBM  Dynamic e-business Technologies
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123

"Yaron Goland" <ygoland@bea.com>

09/03/2003 02:44 PM
Please respond to ygoland

        To:        Diane Jordan/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, "'ws bpel tc'" <wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org>
        cc:

One should obey both the letter and the spirit of the law. My understanding is that the purpose of the roll call requirement is that there were apparently frequent instances in which people either came absurdly late into a meeting and then claimed presence or didn't show up for meetings at all and then harassed chairs to say 'oh but I was there, you just missed me.'

Using the conference call provider to collect a list of attendees which you then vocally confirm (as you have been doing in meetings to date) would seem to meet both the spirit and letter of the law. I also suspect that allowing people to be a few minutes late (as opposed to showing up at the last second) would still meet the spirit if not the letter of the law.

Unless there is another reason why we need to change our current roll call mechanism I would suggest we keep it.

    Just my two cents,