Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Q: guidelines for reliability?

Title: Message
Couple of points on this.

1. Neither Reliability specs are standards at the moment. One is proprietary technology and the other (WS-Reliability) is going through the standards
    process in a sister OASIS group (WS-RM TC).

2. While I agree the actual mechanism should not be baked into a spec, unless the chosen approach is communicated somehow there will be zero chance of interoperability.
    It seems that some QOS info should be conveyed, but whether this is in a BPEL document or in an underlying WSDL document is not clear.

Martin.
-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Ten-Hove [mailto:Ronald.Ten-Hove@Sun.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 11:16 AM
To: LI Yanming / FTR&D / US
Cc: 'wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org'

I believe the issue is out of scope for BPEL4WS, which is based on an abstract (WSDL-based) messaging model. There is an assumption that some sort of reliable messaging is in use, but that is a deployment issue, not a BPEL issue.

Cheers,
-Ron

LI Yanming / FTR&D / US wrote:

Dear Friends,

As we can see no hope for convergence between the two WS reliable messaging standards, one from MS,IBM and BEA, and the other one from OASIS supported by Sun, Oracle and others, I believe there will be a need to create a common context in BPEL in order to use different mechanisms for reliable messaging. Any comment?

http://searchwebservices.techtarget.com/newsItem/0,289139,sid26_gci925853,00.html

thanks

Yanming Li

France Telecom R&D