Subject: Multiple "partners" of a "partner type"

Can there be multiple "partners" of a single "partner type" ?  For example,
in an auction scenario, can I model a seller process that deals with
multiple "buyers" (the number of buyers is unknown) ?  If so, how should I
declare the "partner" ?  Am I actually declaring the "partner type" or the
"individual partner" ?

Rgds, Ricky