Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue - 63 - Support of Array

Edwin,

YES - you are aobsolutely correct.

I really think its time to close this whole ARRAY thing.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP USING ARRAYS.

They are fundamentally EVIL and destroy interoperability
between applications totally.   This is circa 1970's stuff.

Yeah - they were useful once, like kiddy wheels on a bike.

Now we write code that is much smarter than that and
has dynamic structures and heirarchies that you process
as objects.

We do not need ARRAY support in BPEL - that will only
encourage people to create fundamentally unsound
solutions.

Thanks, DW.
Message text written by INTERNET:edwink@collaxa.com
>Comment/Question #2:
I am not sure I understand your separation between document structure
constructs and language constructs: let's imagine that I have a purchase
order business document which includes a set of line items and I want to
iterate through each line item and process it. It seems that in that case
given that the line items would not be defined in the BPEL script as an
array, it would not be able to benefit from the iteration construct you are
proposing to introduce.

My point here is that for BPEL and BPEL developers to really benefit from
array and iteration constructs, it requires XML schema to first add support
for it.
<