Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Groups - 2003-09-17 F2F - Use Cases.PDF uploaded

You are correct that a Simple-EDI is not a BPEL use-case. BPEL use-cases are
to be found within such "business flows", as smaller pieces.

The uploaded catalog represents a consensus within the use-case group for
how to proceed, what to capture, and how. It has one skeleton use-case to
indicate what might be there in the future.

A full use-case would show the WSDL involved, supporting schemas, and of
course abstract and executable BPEL as appropriate.

We anticipate that after the initial slogging through of issues, we will be
able to start getting traction on picking specific use-cases, documenting
them, etc. Look for substantial progress in the next month.

We were running low on time during the presentation, so we probably didn't
fully explain the above properly. My apologies!

Cheers,
++Harvey

-----Original Message-----
From: David RR Webber - XML ebusiness [mailto:Gnosis_@compuserve.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 11:58 PM
To: INTERNET:jevdemon@microsoft.com
Cc: wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org

John,

There appears to be only one use case in this (huge!) file.

Is that the case?  Also Simple-EDI seems about a million
miles away from what people will expect as a BPEL
use case - or is this just me?

Rather like a Hummer advert' showing your Grandma
driving it to the corner store to pick up a can of cat food
and not changing gear once, eh?

Surely your BizTalk server team folks have something alot
more compelling - like say that Woolworth PoS system from
the UK - or similar?

Just asking here...

Cheers, DW.

p.s. Huge file is due to 64million colour default in PPT - you need
        to change that to 256 colour depth - and then that file will be
        about 200k instead.  Check with Microsoft TechEd on this.

OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/members/leave_workgroup.
php.