Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 37 - Initiating Correlation Set More Than Once

Hi,

Here is my summary of our discussion on Issue 37 at the last F2F meeting:

Issue 37: What will happen if a correlation set is initiated more than once
                 during the lifetime of the corresponding scope?

The intent of the original authors was (Satish)
A) bpws:correlationViolation fault is always thrown
      -- for executable processes and the situation is marked as "undefined"
         for abstract processes.

My comment was:
  A is somewhat incompatible with the interpreation of the Mulitple Start Activities
  example described in the specification document.

My proposal was:
B) References to already initialized correlation set are treated as if initiate="no"
     regardless of the specified value.
     -- Only for start activities. (This line was added today.)

Danny's proposal/comment: (Please correct if wrong)
C) We may introduce an attribute value initiate="yesIfNotYet" or the like.

Somebody's proposal/comment (Sorry I forgot who)(Please correct if wrong)
D) Remove initiate attribute completely. Correlation sets are initialized
     at the first use.

Yaron's comment: (Please correct if wrong)
   Tolerating multiple initialization may raise the possibility of the user's
   making inadvertent mistakes.

Yuzo Fujishima
NEC Corporation