Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue - 77 - Under specified operation definitions

Ron,

This subject has been recently discussed in a (long) WSDL WG thread. See the thread "PROPOSAL: Drop interface/operation/(input|output)/@headers" at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Oct/thread.html).

Ugo

P.S. Please do not confuse these discussions with the resolution of issue 77. I raised that issue in the very specific and limited context exemplified by the WSDL code at http://www.choreology.com/external/WS_BPEL_issues_list.html#Issue77 . The intent of that issue is to resolve a specific case of legacy applications currently not supported by BPEL, and has to do with using abstract messages defined outside an abstract operation (and we have no idea of what those legacy applications used those abstract messages for). In particular, the intent of issue 77 is not to resolve the controversial problem of application-level headers vs. QoS-related headers. As you can see from the WSDL thread I mentioned above, different people have different opinions on that subject, and the debate might very well continue until 2005. If somebody wants to discuss these additional issues within the BPEL TC, please open a new issue.

ave_workgroup.php.