Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 77 - Under specified operation definitions

"Ugo Corda" <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com> writes:

> Yes, I understand your position. My point is that it is just your
> personal position, not supported by anything said in the spec. You
> cannot expect designers to base their choices on anything outside
> the spec, no matter how reasonable those external argumentations are.
> That's one of the rules of the standards game ...
>
> Ugo

This is not my personal position.

What you pointed to is a section of the spec that talks about
bindings and what they can do. I agree with you that bindings can
refer to other messages. However, those are *not* part of the
abstract interface of the service; those are simply extra information
that a given binding may use.

If you consider extra info used by binding b1 to be part of the
service interface then how could you switch to using binding b2
of the service? Your approach will make BPEL be tied down to a
specific binding at the time of modeling - which I would consider
extremely bad practice.

Sanjiva.