Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 75 - Do we need locally declared partnerLinks?

+1

arkin

Yaron Goland wrote:

>If I understand the points made on this thread correctly then there are two
>questions that have to be answered if we are to support locally scoped
>partnerLinks.
>	#1 - How do you specify myRole for dynamically specified
>partnerLinks?
>	#2 - How do you specify partnerRole for dynamically specified
>partnerLinks?
>
>Dealing with #1 at deployment time is relatively straight forward. The BPEL
>has no say as to what EPR is used in myRole. So a BPEL engine can choose
>whatever deployment behavior it would like. It can require that one EPR be
>used for every myRole in every partnerLink in the process (after all,
>portType in an EPR is optional). It can dynamically generate EPRs. It can
>statically generate EPRs for the same portType and re-use them for dynamic
>myRoles, whatever. The BPEL process doesn't need to know since it has no say
>in the choice.
>
>#2 however brings up an interesting question. Today, how does a BPEL process
>know when the EPR for the partnerRole in a partnerLink will be statically
>configured at deploy time and when the BPEL process itself is expected to
>define the EPR for the partnerRole using <assign>? The answer is - it
>doesn't.
>
>This seems like a bug to me. It seems to me that there should be an
>attribute defined on a partnerLink definition whose meaning is 'I, the BPEL
>process, expect the BPEL engine to define the EPR for the partnerRole for
>this partnerLink for me.' This would make it clear to the BPEL programmer
>what partnerRoles they are required to configure using <assign> and which
>partnerRoles they can count on the BPEL engine to provide an EPR for.
>
>E.g.
><partnerLink deployDefined="yes">
></partnerLink>
>
>The previous point now leads me to issue #2. I would only allow the
>deployDefined attribute on globally defined partnerLinks. The assumption
>being that the EPR for a locally scoped partnerLink's partnerRole must be
>defined by the BPEL process using an <assign>.
>
>	Make Sense?
>
>		Yaron

"Those who can, do; those who can't, make screenshots"

Assaf Arkin                                          arkin@intalio.com
Intalio Inc.                                           www.intalio.com
The Business Process Management Company                 (650) 577 4700

If you are not the intended recipient, dissemination of this
communication is prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please erase all copies of the message and its attachments
and notify us immediately.