Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue 11 - Call for Discussion

Why do you assume that the use of a companion language must be
non-portable? If ECMA, for example, defines a standard way to call out
to XScript (the XML enabled version of ECMAScript) from inside of BPEL
then clearly the result is portable and standardized.

Having a XML manipulation feature that can't handle the most common XML
manipulation use case there is, a while with inconsistent intermediate
states, doesn't seem a worthwhile effort.

I think we need to invoke the 80/20 principle. If the XML manipulation
feature won't meet the XML manipulation needs of 80% of the BPEL's out
there (and the current proposal clearly will not) then is it really
worth the effort?

		Yaron