Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 107 - Extension points and opacity

Sorry. The examples you provided in your e-mail seems to suggest the
/opaque /activity has some semantic meaning. The statement below seems
to suggest it's equivalent to /empty/, and that it should be treated as
such when reading a BPEL abstract definition, its absence or presence
being nothing more than syntactic sugar. My fear here is that people
will interpret its meaning as different than an alias for /empty/.

Assaf

Yaron Y. Goland wrote:

> No, it would not. Please see the other mails on this thread as this
> specific topic got a lot of discussion.
>     Thanks,
>         Yaron
>
> Assaf Arkin wrote:
>
>> Will the specification of an abstract process state that all
>> implementations are only allowed to add behavior where /opaque/
>> exists in the abstract and are otherwise obliged to contain the same
>> activity flows as defined in the abstract?
>>
>> Such a statement would clearly point out the difference between
>> /opaque/ and /empty//nothing.
>>
>> But then I would like to also have a specific definition of what that
>> added behavior consists of. If implementation details that are not
>> observable to my partner (not their business) have to be masked by
>> /opaque/, then all of a sudden everything I do that is not observable
>> by/of concern to my partner has to be opaqued, which means /opaque
>> /before and after each activity.
>>
>> Is there any precise definition of what needs to be opaqued so that
>> we can decide whether or not an implementation is consistent with the
>> abstract?
>>
>> Assaf

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature