Subject: Ballots open for name, next f2f

Hi,
Those of you who are voting members should have received a series of emails about ballots that have been opened.  However, I don't seem to have gotten an email for each one, so I'm sending this just in case and to encourage you to vote.  There are 5 ballots - you can vote for them at this location:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/ballots.php

The first one is for the dates for the F2F meeting after the Sept one.  This is not a "normative" vote.

The last one is to determine preferences for the location of hte next meeting after Sept.  This is also not "normative", especially as we have no firm offers to host at this point.

The second, third and fourth ones are for the name of the spec.  This is a "normative" vote.  Each ballot asks for your first, second and thrid choices respectively among those options for name and version number that we discussed at the last F2F.   This approach was suggested as a fairer way to make a multi-part choice - you can read more about this and the method for counting when there is no clear majority for the first choice at:  http://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/votingsystems/estv.htm
You do not need to vote for the second and third choices if you don't wish to, but please at least vote for your first choice.

All the ballots will run until Sept 14 so we will have results by the Sept. 15 meeting.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Regards, Diane
IBM  Emerging Internet Software Standards
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123, Fax 845-491-5709