Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 152 - Proposal to Vote

Yaron,

Yaron Y. Goland wrote:

> Since service-ref is an attribute how can reference-scheme be an
> attribute of service-ref? Attributes in XML cannot have attributes.

This is a typo / misunderstanding; service-ref is an element, with a
reference-scheme attribute. Service-ref serves as a "wrapper" for the
EPR, so it must be an element.

> Furthermore there can never be an ambiguity about the namespace of the
> EPR because the EPR root element MUST always declare what its
> namespace is, even if it's nothing.
>
> So I'm still unclear as to what role the service-ref plays.

The namespace of the enclosed EPR may be insufficient to identify the
addressing scheme in use. For instance, WS-MD uses wsdl:endpoint
elements for EPRs, and it is conceivable that other addressing schemes
may follow the same approach (if only newer versions of WS-MD!).

-Ron