Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Issue - 152 - Proposal to Vote

It is indeed possible to not have the reference-scheme attribute and
have the scheme be recognized from the QName of the child element of the

wrapper element. For example, a WS-Addressing wsa:EndpointReference
could be the child element of the wrapper element, and it would be very
clear from the wsa:EndpointReference element as to which addressing
scheme is being used. But this is not always the case as explained
below. Therefore, it makes sense to have the reference-scheme attribute
and make it optional.

WS-MD uses the WSDL 1.1 service element to reference a Web service by
adding certain restrictions to the wsdl11:service element -- all port
child elements of the service element MUST be alternate ways to get to
the same Web service. This restriction is over and above of WSDL 1.1
allows/requires. It is certainly possible for someone to use WSDL 1.1
service element to reference a Web service but not have the restriction
imposed by WS-MD. Since the same QName will be used as the child element

of the addressing wrapper element (i.e., wsdl11:service), without a
reference-scheme disambiguator it will not be clear as to which
addressing scheme is being used.

Martin.

ve_workgroup.php.