Subject: Regrets for the Sept 04 F2F from Tony Fletcher

Title: Message
Dear Diane, John and other WSBPELers,

I am attending the Global Grid Forum meetings this week in Brussels and so I am neither able to attend the F2F in person, as I would like to have done, nor conveniently dial in.  Please  accept my regrets and I hope you all have a happy and productive meeting.

With respect to Issue 161 on Conformance - I guess this issue brings up the question of what is a 'bug' for current purposes and what is not.  If the alternative to a 'bug' is a request for a change to the language, then I would argue that this is indeed then a bug.  Those who argue it is not a 'bug' either have to re-define what is meant by 'bug' or show what change to the language is being requested.  My intent is that resolving this issue will not lead to the addition of any new features.  However, it will enhance and clarify the text in a significant manner and therefore I think it is worth tackling at this time whether considered as a bug or another kind of issue.

Just as a reminder, I have already made a proposal to resolve this proposed issue so we can close it out again quickly - I would be happy to work with any other interested parties to 'refine the proposal.

Also accepting the issue whether as a bug or as a 'we ought to do it anyway' does not mean accepting the proposal - folk could then vote to close without change - although I think this would be a shame for the reasons stated in the issue formulation:
The process of adding such a conformance section will cause us to think about and address the following questions:

Have an enjoyable meeting

Best Regards     Tony
A M Fletcher

Cohesions  (TM)

Business transaction management software for application coordination       www.choreology.com

Choreology Ltd., 68 Lombard Street, London EC3V 9LJ     UK
Tel: +44 (0) 1473 729537   Fax: +44 (0) 870 7390077  Mobile: +44 (0) 7801 948219
tony.fletcher@choreology.com     (Home: amfletcher@iee.org)