Subject: RE: [wsbpel] BP compliance analysis for WSDL examples in WS-BPEL spec

Hi Paul,

That was an error in BP1.0. the BP1.0 errata has corrected that, see
http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/BasicProfile-1.0-errata-2004-03-17.html#er015

But you are right that the schema at http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/2003-02-11.xsd needs to be updated. I will raise that issue to WS-I.

Best Regards,
Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul R Brown [mailto:prb@fivesight.com]
Sent: Friday, Sep 17, 2004 09:34 PM
To: Liu, Kevin
Cc: wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org; Diane Jordan; Satish Thatte; Trickovic, Ivana

Hi, Kevin --

> I took an action item in our San Francisco F2F to go through the WSDL
> examples in the current spec and determine if they are conformant to
> the WS-I Basic Profile.
> [...]

If I'm not mistaken, there are some more fundamental issues with the
example WSDL documents as well.  The WSDL schema cited for use in the
BP (http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/2003-02-11.xsd) requires that
extensibility elements be placed *before* any of the standard WSDL
elements.  In the case of the example in section 6.1, this means that
the partnerLink definitions should occur before the other elements
(messages, portTypes, etc.) as opposed to after.

I haven't looked at other examples in the spec to see if this needs to
be applied elsewhere as well.

	-- Paul