Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue 82 - Proposal to resolve 82 and other abstract process issues

At this time, the point is moot as far as I'm concerned. However, I
still have a few comments....

On 15/12/2004, at 07:10, Assaf Arkin wrote:

> The BPEL 1.1 specification defines a language, which it extends to
> define executables and abstracts. People in this group indicated they
> want more sets of restrictions layerd on top of the specification.
> Let's call them profiles. I would expect us to add more profiles to
> the two that already exists. Instead, we're going to have two
> profiles, and create sub-profiles from one of those profiles.

Nice recap of how we more or less ended up with the profiles concept;
I'm still not entirely convinced whether, given the implied 'semantics'
of profiles, this concept reflexively applies to absBPEL, given Peter's
initial proposal. However, given the direction taken on issue 82 with
Peter's revised proposal, IMO this is moot.

> We can branch into a more detailed discussion about a template
> profile, look at specific use cases, etc. We can reach the conclusion
> that it's a good thing, or a bad thing.

Given the direction taken on issue 82 with Peter's revised proposal, I
feel a discussion on templates/template profiles is in order (at some
point). I'll continue to delve into this and look forward to others in
the group adding to the discussion.