Subject: Fw: Agenda for Jan 5 TC call

The next call of the WS BPEL TC will be on Wed. Jan 5 at 8 am Pacific.   Dial in info is: USA Toll Free Number: 888-711-4576 USA Toll Number: +1-484-630-9377,  LEADER:  DIANE JORDAN PASSCODE: WS BPEL TECHNICAL COMMITTEE.   The passcode and the leader's name will be required to join the call.
Here is the proposed agenda:
- Nomination/volunteers to take minutes for this call
- Roll call/determine quorum
- Review/accept minutes from  previous calls - this will be deferred as minutes have not been made available in time for review before the meeting.
- Review agenda

- New call procedure for 2005
We'll discuss new arrangements for the BPEL TC calls - this will be summarized in an email to the group as well to make sure everyone knows of the changes.
- F2F meeting results.
I posted email to the group with summary of results from Dec 14 and 15.  On Dec 16, we discussed a few important schedule related items of general interest:
1.Tthe next f2f meeting will be Mar. 8-10.  Based on offers to host, it will be held in Germany with the city to be specified shortly.  We will post a web ballot to monitor attendance plans.
2. The TC agreed we will aim for a committee draft to be approved by June 30, 2005.
3. April 1 was set as the date final proposals to vote for all issues.   Any issue that does not have a proposal by that date will be closed unless there is an objection.  If there is an objection, we will have a vote and the issue will be closed unless a super majority agree it still needs to be fixed in which case it will be left open.  This leaves ambiguous the disposition of issues opened after April 1 and those whose proposals are rejected.  These will be handled on a case by case basis.
In addition on the 16th, we held a review of all open issues that were not previously covered in the meeting.  Issue 26 was closed with no change, several interdependencies were noted for other issues and some follow ups will be sent to individuals.  More detailed notes on this discussion will be in the minutes.
- Liaison subgroup report
- Use case subgroup report
- Requirements and Issues Coordination subgroup report
- Specification Editing subgroup report

- Implementation subgroup report

- Issue discussion
New issues to be opened: none this week
Issues with new proposals this week:
->issues 92, 124, 130
Issues deferred from previous meeting:
-> issues 125 - pending resolution of 103 and 51
-> 169 (Note if there are objections to adopting these proposals, we will defer the vote until the next call when Yuzo will be available to join the discussion).
Long running issues
-> issue 103
-> issue 2
-> issue 82:  Proposal was passed at f2f with agreement that some specific points are still unspecified.  TC members to provide a list of specific questions/topics that are not addressed by the adopted proposal by Jan 19.
-> issues  107, 91, 97 99
-> issue 126:  deferred pending 107
-> issue 9: deferred pending inclusion of 84 in spec

- New business

Regards, Diane
IBM  Emerging Internet Software Standards
drj@us.ibm.com
(919)254-7221 or 8-444-7221, Mobile: 919-624-5123, Fax 845-491-5709