Subject: Issue 163 - Proposal For Vote

I lost this issue in the shuffle somehow.  Thanks to Yaron for being on the other side of the whip.  Please accept my submitted proposal as such (deleting/ignoring the question).

Danny

Peter Furniss wrote:
Now submitted as 163, with status "received".

It is presumably open to the TC to accept this as a bug, treat Danny's
solution as a proposed resolution to the then open issue, and agree the
resolution in a matter of 5 minutes, since the f-t-f is quorate.

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Danny van der Rijn [mailto:dannyv@tibco.com]
Sent: 22 September 2004 01:52
To: Furniss, Peter
Cc: wsbpel@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: New Issue: languageExecutionFault (comes with
proposal to vote)

This issue came up during our F2F discussion of issue 89 today.  Note
that I sent it to Peter as per our process, so that it can
get assigned
an issue number.  However, it was mentioned today that we
might want to
accept it and deal with it during our meeting tomorrow, so
Peter may not
have dealt with it yet.  So I am cc-ing the list in case
Peter's process
doesn't assign it a number and resend to the list by the time
we want to
deal with it.  I imagine that it would probably aid the
issues list if
any email discussion on it were held off until the issue number were
assigned.

Discussion:  If a language that is executing subordinate to
BPEL (e.g.
XPATH) throws a fault, there is no current spec language that defines
what to do with it.  This proposal clarifies that behavior.

Proposal:  To add a new standard fault,
languageExecutionFault, which is
thrown if the expression language or xxx throws an unhandled fault.

Add to the end of section 14.1  "If execution of the
expression language
yields an unhandled fault, the standard fault
languageExecutionFault is
thrown.

Add to the end of section 14.3  "If execution of the query language
yields an unhandled fault, the standard fault
languageExecutionFault is
thrown.

Question: Should this fault define a message type (or should
a generic
message type be defined) to carry any additional data that is
received
from the executing language?