Subject: RE: [wsbpel] Profiles Re: [wsbpel] Issue 99 - Updated proposal for vote

Hello Andrew,

> Given the aforementioned premise, I believe what constitutes the
external or
> publicly visible behaviour of process should be consistent amongst
profiles.
> I don't know what an 'external behaviour' profile buys.

An abstract process could mean different things. For example it could be
"incomplete executable draft" or "template" or it could be "protocol
description". The first two are not at all directly related to ist
observable behaviour. However my understanding is that the later
"protocol description" is exactly the thing we want to define in the
"observable/external behavior"  (I actually think we should call it
"business protocol profile").

So I think it is correct to define a profile for this since it is not
everything an abstract process is (anymore) all about. Thats why we want
to profile the different flavors.

A business protocol profile does indeed only consist of port definitions
and control flow as far as needed to describe the possible message
exchanges (and I am not sure if it is actually automatically
transferable into an executable procerss which match the profile,
however thats not a question for the standard)

Greetings
Bernd