Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 157 - Proposal For Vote

Hi Ugo,

I have NOT read Yaron's doc in details yet.
Still allow me to put my 2 cents to your questions related to ServiceRefType.

Ugo Corda wrote:
I think we need some additional clarification regarding the manipulation
of endpoint references . In particular:

- Can I declare variables of type bpws:ServiceRefType?
I imagine the answer is yes (it's just a special case of ComplexType
variable)

AYIU: Yes.

- Can I assign the value of this variable to a partnerLink?
I think the answer should also be yes. It's equivalent to setting the
partnerLink's EPR using a <from partnerLink> or a <from><service-ref>.

AYIU:
A definitely yes, if your variabe is based on *element* of "bpws:service-ref"
A yes, if your variable is based on *complex type* of "bpws:ServiceRefType". (On the condition that we allow copying from element "A" of "foo:BarType" to element "B" of "foo:barType" ... I really do think we need to allow that happen).

- Can I assign a partnerLink to a variable of type bpws:ServiceRefType?
I think this should also be possible. A <service-ref> element is
extracted from the partnerLink and assigned to the variable.

AYIU: Similar to the situation above.
A definitely yes, if your variabe is based on *element* of "bpws:service-ref"
A yes, if your variable is based on *complex type* of "bpws:ServiceRefType". (On the same condition that I mentioned above).

Ugo