Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 125 - proposal for vote

Hi all,

Yuzo and I have worked together on this proposal for Issue 125.
This proposal is ready for voting.

Alex Yiu wrote:

Yuzo,

Yes, we can say that: the <literal> returns either an EII or TII.

Apart from that, we may want to add:
  • some examples of EII and TII literal, including CDATA example
  • <literal /> returns an empty TII
  • fix the amendment for Issue 157 which Danny addeded during a past conf call by saying: the restriction does not apply when TII is referring to a simple type variable. So, assignment of empty string to a simple type variable will be allowed.

Yuzo Fujishima wrote:
Alex,

The current draft for Issue 157 reads:
 In WS-BPEL, the <copy> operation is essentially a one-to-one replacement
 operation. This requires that both the from-spec and to-spec MUST select exactly
 one information item each, which includes the case of one TII. Note that this
 restriction indicates that literal values (the literal variant of from-spec) MUST
 only contain either a TII, or a single EII, as its top-level value; when the RValue
 is an AII, a TII is constructed from the normalized value property to be copied as
 specified in Section 9.4.1, “Replacement Logic of Copy Operations”.

Can we say:
 a <literal> from-spec can be treated as if it were a from-spec that
 selects the child of the <literal> element, be it a TII or an EII?

If we can, we should be able to define the semantics of <literal> as such.

What else do we need for the resolution of Issue 125?

Yuzo Fujishima
NEC Corporation

Alex Yiu wrote:

Could you clarify more about your questions?
Do you mean the XMLNS declaration for child elements?
If so, the XMLNS declaration will be preserved.

Rania Khalaf wrote:

Hi guys,
one more question. In RE, what happens to namespaces of child elements if they are namespace qualified ?

thanks,
Rania

generates this mail.  You may a link to this group and all your TCs in OASIS
at: