Subject: Issue - 125 - semantics of <literal>

Alex,

The current draft for Issue 157 reads:
  In WS-BPEL, the <copy> operation is essentially a one-to-one replacement
  operation. This requires that both the from-spec and to-spec MUST select exactly
  one information item each, which includes the case of one TII. Note that this
  restriction indicates that literal values (the literal variant of from-spec) MUST
  only contain either a TII, or a single EII, as its top-level value; when the RValue
  is an AII, a TII is constructed from the normalized value property to be copied as
  specified in Section 9.4.1, “Replacement Logic of Copy Operations”.

Can we say:
  a <literal> from-spec can be treated as if it were a from-spec that
  selects the child of the <literal> element, be it a TII or an EII?

If we can, we should be able to define the semantics of <literal> as such.

What else do we need for the resolution of Issue 125?

Yuzo Fujishima
NEC Corporation