Subject: RE: [wsdm] OASIS WSDM [OMod] call

Title: OASIS WSDM [OMod] call

10/07/2003
Present: Igor, Fred, JohnDC, BrianC, GeoffB.

A&B.
Igor: presented the diagram and its intention
No significant objections about the conceptual diagram.

BrianC: said that versioning is an important enough element that may have to be included on the diagram.
Igor: yes, but that would be a detail of this "root" diagram and may be represented as a separate diagram or possibly as a representation of one of the manageabity capability information models.

We didn't find any voluteers for the work items 1-3 for now :).

JohnDC: in addition to 1, overview has to include another scoping statement of a similar content: about the endpoint implementation management. Just say that it is someone's responsibility to aggregate that information up to the endpoint manageability level. For example, management of loadbalanced endpoint in a web server farm.

GeoffB: expressed concern how to make sure that instances of managability representations expressed in MOWS and MUWS stich together properly. That is it should be possible to do root cause analysis using that infromation. For example, relationship to hosting environment, etc.
Igor: yes, that is a concern for internal resources management which, to certain extent, generally works today, but we have more concern for external, federated management of WSs which is not generally possible today. That is a valid concern and we should not break or preclude proper information stitching, but focus on the later. For example, URL where SOAP messages are sent can be used today as a basis for the root cause analysys, and relationships can be used to express any kind of lower-level relationships using MUWS (defining that is already on our agenda).

C.

Igor: proposed to use the UML notation that WS-Manageability used to express the atomic manageability capability models. That is representation of properties, data models, events and operations. We can then dicuss what goes in or out of the models on the calls.
Dind't hear pushback on that.

Igor: proposed to edit UMLs and send them with updates for now.
That was ok with the group.

ACTION: Igor to send out an example representation of one atomic capability model before the next call.

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (igor.sedukhin@ca.com)