Subject: Re: [wsdm] [UPlat] definitions

Igor,

On 17/10/03 15:21, "Sedukhin, Igor S" <Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com> wrote:

> GSH's URI and a URI of a WSDL element are different by definition. What I
> meant was the URI of a <service name=".."> or <port name=".."> element in WSDL
> 1.1 sense. Those URIs would identify elements that must be unique by the
> semantic definition of the elements in the WSDL spec (normative uniqueness).
>
> <descriptions name="abc" targetNamespace="urn:oo">
> <service name="a">
> <port name="b" binding=".."><soap:address location="c"/></port>
> </service>
> </descriptions>

I see.

> So the URI "urn:oo#a/b" would uniquely identify a service endpoint with
> location c. There could be another endpoint with location c, but that would be
> a different endpoint by WSDL definition.

I think difference I an chasing here is that a single grid service instance
could have two distinct endpoints and therefore different GSH's, but still
be the same service. If we abstract resources with services, then the same
thing is possible.

> In general adopting a URI to identify a resource, as defined by W3C, is a good
> thing, IMO.

I need to look more closely at URI rules. Does the spec say anything about a
given URI being the only URI that refers to the resource? i.e. the other
direction of the isomorphism.

> 2.
>
> As in my basic definition the registration, discovery and location are merely
> a set of operations and schema associated with each activity. So they are all
> separate set of operations. Any component could implement location but not
> registration operations, for example.

Yes I agree.

> So the basic definition does not
> preclude OGSI approach in any way. When referring to Web services platforms,
> though, I used an example of a Registry, implying UDDI registry (of course).

Yes.

> That appears to be more ubiquitous and understandable today, so that the
> definition can be adequately interpreted by a larger community of users and
> platform vendors. If I were to refer to Grid platforms, perhaps, I would have
> used OGSI interpretation of the basic definition.

No problem.

It is just the introduction of a two level naming scheme (GSH -> GSR)
creates more layers in the model. But It's not a problem. A UDDI entry for a
Grid Service would probably give you a locator [{GSH}, {GSR}] in any case.

Thanks for listening.

--

Take care:

    Dr. David Snelling <d.snelling@fle.fujitsu.com>
    Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe
    Hayes Park Central
    Hayes End Road
    Hayes, Middlesex  UB4 8FE

    +44-208-606-4649 (Office)
    +44-208-606-4539 (Fax)
    +44-7768-807526  (Mobile)

This e-mail has been scanned by Trend InterScan Software.

This e-mail (and its attachment(s) if any) is intended for the named
addressee(s) only. It may
contain information which is privileged and confidential within the
meaning of the applicable law.
Unauthorised use, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful.

If you are not the intended recipient please delete this email and
contact the sender via email return.

Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Ltd (FLE) does not accept responsibility
for changes made to this email after
it was sent. The views expressed in this email may not necessarily be
the views held by FLE.

Unless expressly stated otherwise, this email does not form part of a
legally binding contract
or agreement between the recipient and Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe Ltd (FLE).