Subject: RE: [wsdm][UPlat] Versioning

Do we need to specify the format of the version? In many cases, versions of
web services are expressed by changing the namespace of the description of
the web service - this is a URI.

Also, we need to clarify what the version applies to.

Are we describing the version of the service - for which there may be many
endpoints?
Are we describing the version of an endpoint - for which there may be many
interfaces?
Or are we describing the version of an interface?

It seems likely that manageability capabilities may be versioned
independently, and that an implementer will want to mix and match
manageability capabilities with various versions into one manageability
endpoint. This implies that it may be important to discover the specific
version of each of the management capabilities or at least the management
interfaces. So an endpoint will need to provide a set of versions to
describe the set of management capabilities it exposes.

I agree with your requirement for change descriptions. And this is where
information about what the previous version is would be, as well as how this
version extends/replaces/fixes/etc. the previous version.