Subject: RE: [wsdm] choices for expressing messaage patterns for topics

I have doubts about viability of nested predicates. I need to confirm that yet. I know that when context is setup properly the expression #2 works just fine, on the other hand. So, I suggest that we use #2 AND indicate that namespace context when evaluation the expression should be so and so. That is the expression MUST literally be exactly as it stands in the spec with exactly the context we specify. So it is not important how yoou get it in a SOAP message or if the context is specified there or not. Our spec says what it needs to be.
-----Original Message-----
From: Murray, Bryan P. [mailto:bryan.murray@hp.com]
Sent: Fri 11/19/2004 8:27 PM
To: Sedukhin, Igor S; wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org

Igor,

I missed this message earlier. I suggest a variant of your variants that is a little bit different:

  //ManagementEvent[namespace-uri(.)="..." and count(Event[namespace-uri(.)="...")]

I don't think we should lock in the namespace prefixes in the message patterns. Just performing a SOAP query for the TopicSpace could result in the prefixes getting munged - not good.

I will use the above pattern for the MUWS TopicSpace

Bryan