Subject: Re: [wsdm] Fujitsu Issues

As I read the rules [http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#standard -- assuming the ones on the web are accurate], any such change would restart the review/voting process.   OASIS allows for no errata as a direct adjunct to the vote per se
Errata or Corrigenda to a submission are not permitted; if changes are required the Committee Draft must be withdrawn by the TC, edited, re-approved as a Committee Draft, then resubmitted.

Thus quoth Heather Kreger (~ 2/24/2005 9:03 AM ~)...
Hi folks,

Let me try to summarize a set of discussions that have occured this week
with Fujitsu:

Fujitsu voted NO on WSDM because they object to:

        1. A non normative reference on page 12 of MOWS to WS-Trust.
        2. Indirect normative references to WS-Policy and pre submission
versions of WS-Addressing through our normative reference to
WS-Notification.

Fujitsu would like the following statement added to the Status section of
the Final Specification:
 (a) The "status" part of the title page of the final specification

    will be updated to include a clarification statement such as:
       This specification makes direct and indirect normative
       references to evolving specifications in OASIS and W3C.
       However WSDM TC will update these references to the standard
       specifications immediately, if they become standard.  Please
       note the current references to the on-going standard
       specifications (e.g., WS-RF) are interim references until
       they are replaced with references to the standard
       specifications.

and removal of WS-Trust reference from the final MOWS specification.

There is some debate if the removal of the WS-Trust reference would be a
non-normative change allowed in creating the final specification.

OASIS has suggested that we might be able to create an new Committee Draft
today with these changes in it and then point to it as an Erratta from the
Final Specification title page.  But there is some risk to this as it has
not been done before in OASIS process.

An alternative wording might be:

        This specification makes direct and indirect normative
       references to evolving specifications in OASIS and W3C.
       The WSDM TC intends to move to referencing the standard
       specifications and in future revisions of WSDM specifications.

We need to see if we can come to some resolution.

Heather Kreger
STSM, Web Services Lead Architect for SWG Emerging Technologies
Author of "Java and JMX: Building Manageable Systems"
kreger@us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441)  cell:919-496-9572

--
Fred Carter / AmberPoint, Inc.

mailto:fred.carter@amberpoint.com
tel:+1.510.433.6525 fax:+1.510.663.6301