Subject: Re: Committee Draft Errata Approved

     I understand that at Thursday's meeting, the WSDM TC approved revised
versions of MUWS and MOWS as new Committee Draft specifications of MUWS and
MOWS.[1]
     I believe that other Technical Committees have followed a similar
course when they believe that corrections are needed to a completed
document.  This is because our rules do not permit a retroactive correction
to change a prior approved work, but do permit adoption of a new revised
specification.
     As the v1.0 specifications presently are under submission for a vote
as OASIS Standards, there is some risk of confusion.  I suggest that the
committee assign a number (such as v1.01) to the 24 February documents so
as to permit correct references.  The 24 February revisions may be
described by the committee as corrective, or more recent, if they wish, but
to be clear, they do not become a normative part of the v1.0
documents.   If the v1.0 specifications are approved in the pending member
vote as OASIS Standards, the TC may wish then to consider whether to bring
the 24 February modifications forward as their own OASIS Standard
submission, or hold them in queue with other changes for a future major
version.

     Best regards JBC

~   James Bryce Clark
~   Director, Standards Development, OASIS
~   jamie.clark@oasis-open.org

[1]  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wsdm/200502/msg00027.html