Subject: WS-Addressing Effects on WSDM

I just thought I'd try to correct any misunderstandings from Martin's post.  In his post
he makes a set of assertions and I'd just like to clarify one or two.   The assertion that
the changes to WS-Addressting are disruptive to the WSDM V1.0 specifation.

"In
particular WS-Addressing is currently being worked on and looks like
the final version when it finally emerges will be significantly
different from its various antecedent proprietary versions. In
particular the debates and changes surrounding reference properties
and parameters will mean the use of different schema types and usage
patterns. None of these changes will mean that it can't be used by
these higher level specifications, e.g. WSDM, etc., but they will need
to be modified. The current Working Draft of the W3C WS-Addressing Working
Group [2] includes this status section:"

"This is a draft document and may be updated, replaced or obsoleted by  other documents at any time.
It is inappropriate to cite this document
as other than work in progress."

Because WSDM treats the entire EPR as opaque. We only use the EPR as a unit.
We do not suggest how to create the EPR or ever suggest information be extracted from EPRs.

Therefore, WSDM V1.0 is unaffected by changes in the WS-Addressing specification in the W3C.
WSDM V1.0 does not reference the WS-Addressing Working Draft, it references the submission:

http://www.w3.org/Submission/2004/SUBM-ws-addressing-20040810/. The submission itself is stable.

It is not changing during development of the specification.  It does not have the same text quoted above in the status section.

WSDM V2.0 is already scoped to include making whatever changes are necessary to use the standard
versions of WS-Addresssing, WS-Notification, and WS-Resource Framework.

Heather Kreger
STSM, Web Services Lead Architect for SWG Emerging Technologies
Author of "Java and JMX: Building Manageable Systems"
kreger@us.ibm.com
919-543-3211 (t/l 441)  cell:919-496-9572