Subject: RE: [wsdm] Re: Committee Draft Errata Approved

James, as far as I recall we've approved Committee Drafts OF the errata
documents themselves. We did not discuss approval of new drafts of the
specification documents.

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (igor.sedukhin@ca.com)

From: James Bryce Clark [mailto:jamie.clark@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2005 9:16 PM
To: wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsdm] Re: Committee Draft Errata Approved

     I understand that at Thursday's meeting, the WSDM TC approved
revised versions of MUWS and MOWS as new Committee Draft specifications
of MUWS and MOWS.[1]
     I believe that other Technical Committees have followed a similar
course when they believe that corrections are needed to a completed
document.  This is because our rules do not permit a retroactive
correction to change a prior approved work, but do permit adoption of a
new revised specification.
     As the v1.0 specifications presently are under submission for a
vote as OASIS Standards, there is some risk of confusion.  I suggest
that the committee assign a number (such as v1.01) to the 24 February
documents so as to permit correct references.  The 24 February revisions
may be described by the committee as corrective, or more recent, if they
wish, but to be clear, they do not become a normative part of the v1.0
documents.   If the v1.0 specifications are approved in the pending
member
vote as OASIS Standards, the TC may wish then to consider whether to
bring the 24 February modifications forward as their own OASIS Standard
submission, or hold them in queue with other changes for a future major
version.

     Best regards JBC

~   James Bryce Clark
~   Director, Standards Development, OASIS
~   jamie.clark@oasis-open.org

[1]  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wsdm/200502/msg00027.html

the OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsdm/members/leave_workgrou