Subject: F2F Logistics

Hi all,

Here is some logistical information for the WSDM interop hosted by HP in
Palo Alto on April 12, 13 and 14.

We are meeting at HP corporate headquarters.

The address:

Hewlett-Packard
Building 20D
3000 Hanover St
Palo Alto, CA 94304

Map: http://tinyurl.com/3m8bv

The HP campus is in the rectangle drawn on the map by Hanover, Page Mill
and Porter. The best entrance is off Page Mill Rd but doesn't show on
the mapquest map. If you are coming from the South (from 280) it is on
your right as you are driving on Page Mill, between the Peter Coutts Rd
and the Hanover St intersections (this is different from the HP entrance
directly facing Peter Coutts Rd).

Building 20 has a stair-like shape, with 20A being at the bottom, 20B
partially above it, 20C partially above 20B and 20D partially above 20C.
If you enter by the gate I recommend above, just go straight and the
second left will be the visitor parking for lobby 20D. Sign-up there.

If you enter through the main gate on 3000 Hanover, you are going to see
lobby 20A in front of you. You have to drive up and around the building
to go to its back side where lobby 20D is. Don't make me come and get
you in lobby 20A, it's a long walk and I might force you to carry me
back to 20D on your back.

If you see buildings numbered 1 to 6 that means you probably entered
through the Peter Coutts gate and you want to drive towards the North to
get to building 20. Real engineers always carry a compass. Or a GPS.

In case of problem, my cell is 408-390-9126.

As far as airports go, SJC and SFO are both fine. SJC is a bit closer.

Some nearby hotels:

Creekside Inn Palo Alto
3400 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94306-2701 United States
Phone: 650-493-2411
http://www.creekside-inn.com

Rickeys A Hyatt Hotel
4219 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94306 United States
Phone: 650-352-1234
http://www.rickeys.hyatt.com

Dinah`s Garden Hotel
4261 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94306 United States
Phone: 650-493-2844
http://www.dinahshotel.com

Crowne Plaza Hotel - Palo Alto
4290 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94306 United States
Phone: 650-8570787
http://www.cppaloalto.crowneplaza.com

Sheraton Palo Alto
625 El Camino, Palo Alto, CA 94301 United States
Phone: 650-328-2800
http://www.sheraton.com/paloalto

Looking forward to seeing you there.

William