Subject: RE: [wsdm] Network configuration for the interop

Thanks David. I will check on allowing WinXP remote control through port 3389.

I now need to hear from the people who plan to test against David's external implementation about what ports they plan to use for the notification consumer in their subscription. I plan to ask our IT guys to open ports 80, 8080 and 8000 for inbound HTTP. If for some reson you can't make use of any of these and you need a specific port open let me know soon otherwise you might be out of luck.

William

From: David Melgar [mailto:dmelgar@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 6:46 AM
To: Vambenepe, William N
Cc: wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org

We would like to host an endpoint on the internet during the interop. What inbound ports are needed is determined by the subscribers to events from the endpoint.
What ports would subscribers like open to receive notifications from the weather station playbook?
Would also like port 3389 opened up to allow Windows XP remote control.

David Melgar
Web Services Toolkit Development
Emerging Technologies
dmelgar@us.ibm.com

"Vambenepe, William N" <vbp@hp.com>

03/25/2005 04:50 PM

<wsdm@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
[wsdm] Network configuration for the interop

Hi all,

I am working with the HP networking people on the setup for the interop.
We will have unfiltered outbound access (so we can send requests to
external Web services) as well as the ability to VPN. We can also allow
incoming HTTP request on pre-selected ports if needed. Would this be
useful? Do we expect to see HTTP requests coming from the outside to our
laptops in the room (for example if a company is hosting resources on a
server and these resources try to send notifications to a manager
running on a laptop in the room). If yes please let me know what ports
you would like to use for these inbound HTTP requests.

If you have any other specific request/clarification for the network
setup now is the time to let me know.

Regards,

William