Subject: RE: [wsdm] Groups - Primer with Heather's updates for Metadata and Extending capabilities (wd-wsdm-primer-13.hk.doc) uploaded

Heather, Bryan,

Question on some changes in section 1.  I noticed in this version, a
number of occurrences of "WSDM" in the Primer Introduction were changed
to the more technically correct "MUWS" or "MOWS".  However, for the
reader, the distinction between MUWS and MOWS is not introduced until
section 1.2.4.2.  Doesn't the change assume that the reader is already
going to be familiar with the organization of the specification before
reading the introduction?

In the initial sections I was just referring to WSDM "in general"
because at this point--if this is really an introduction to a first
reader whom it is assumed hasn't read the specification yet--all the
reader might know about is *WSDM*.

By the way, those who have pointed out that the Introduction refers to
features of dependent specs that are not in the specs that WSDM 1.0
depends on are absolutely correct.  Mia culpa--I guess I was just trying
to hard to keep up with changes to those specs while, at the same time,
writing the Introduction.

Kirk Wilson
Architect, Development
Office of the CTO