Subject: RE: [wsia][wsia-requirements] Revised document

I agree ... one of the reasons for doing this was to highlight the points
where we haven't really reached consensus yet.

A second reason was the requirements that we haven't even begun discussing
yet.

                      Eilon Reshef
                      <eilon.reshef@webc        To:       Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM@IBMUS,
                      ollage.com>                wsia@lists.oasis-open.org
                                                cc:
                      05/15/2002 04:42          Subject:  RE: [wsia][wsia-requirements] Revised document
                      PM

We still haven't reached a complete agreement with regards to Requirement
602. This horse has been beaten to death and I have a feel that the latest
version of the requirement reflects it (i.e., feels like a dead horse :-).

In general, I think that there are issues that regard to the intent of this
requirement, rather to the wording:

How do we want to handle JavaScript?
How do we want to handle other embedded presentation formats (Flash, etc.)?

Although pretty late in the game, this may still be a relevant topic for
further discussion with the entire team.

My particular viewpoint is that we should do every effort to ensure that
every piece of functionality that we provide supports both JavaScript,
markup generated by JavaScript and binary formats. However, there is
currently no consensus on this, especially since this result in
implications that are debatable: for example, this requirement leads to
favor distributed action routing (where the Consumer passes a URL skeleton
and the Producer plugs in an action into it) than Consumer-driven action
routing, since the former can also apply to JavaScript and Flash (albeit
with work on behalf of the Producer) and the latter can't (or: makes it
extremely difficult).

I would suggest to bring it to further discussion.

Eilon