Subject: Thompson 5/22/2002: [wsrp][wsia][wsrp-wsia joint interfaces][DraftSpec 0.43]Terminology

In several requirements, we changed PropertyValues to context data.
Does this affect the code snippet provided below?

Thanks.
Monica

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Rich Thompson
	Sent: Wed 5/22/2002 1:25 PM
	To: wsia@lists.oasis-open.org; wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org
	Subject: Re: [wsrp][wsia][wsrp-wsia joint interfaces][Draft Spec
0.43]Terminology

	Presuming the 2nd case to get dropped relative to the previous
set of
	emails, I would propose this section call out how we will refer
to these
	things throughout the remainder of the document/API. In
particular, I would
	suggest:
	      Session Information - This is carried opaquely in the
interface as a
	      "sessionID".
	      => goes away
	      Persistent Information - This is carried opaquely in the
interface as
	      a "handle".

	Rather than "Manifestation", I would propose using "Entity" to
describe the
	thing from which markup may be requested. I think it has the
right level of
	opacity (Consumer has no idea what kind of entity it is) while
carrying
	appropriate semantics (a thing that may be interacted with).
Using these
	terms, there was also an open question at the end of our last
call related
	to whether there were both persistent and transient entities ...

	If we are going to support explicit lifecycle for both of these,
I would
	propose:
	   handle   createEntity(handle, propertyValues)
	   sessionID   createSession(handle, propertyValues)