wsn message

Subject: RE: [wsn] Minutes clarifications

Title: Message

  • Sanjay - Broker spec needs to specify what happens when one of the roles is not available.  Sanjay will follow up on issues 3.3 and 3.4 with Bryan and David Hull to see if any modification is needed.
Was that me or some other David?

David, if I remember it correctly, you were raising concerns during the F2F that the WS-BrokeredNotification specification currently has text describing patterns for brokered notification (simple, composible and demand-based publishing) , which can potentially be factored out and moved to non-normative areas. I believe that the current issues WSN3.3 and WSN3.4 express these concerns already. I had therefore taken an action item to follow-up with you and check whether you see it necessary to add a new issue. In the last week, I had sent you an email in this regard.

I can see that the F2F meeting notes incorrectly mixed the WS-BrokeredNotification patterns related issue  with another issue I was raising (regarding behavior of roles during unavailability of other roles).  I also do not recall why Bryan got mentioned as a contact person for my follow-up.

Thanks,
Sanjay