wsn message

Subject: Re: [wsn] [Namespace URIs] Proposal to split the existing namespaces

Thus quoth Vambenepe, William N (~ 11-May-04 2:39 PM ~)...

> Actually, "we cannot use this where a URI is expected" is too strong a
> sentence. But it poses the risk of creating unnecessary hardship and in
> any case it doesn't improve "resolvability" in the absence of rules to
> handle content identifiers for XSD and WSDL documents. So I don't see
> any value for us going there.

No particular disagreement.  If using the web worked, fine.  If not,
that's OK as well -- as noted, just a thought.  Having the ability to
have embedded links was the value.

I know/knew the fragment id's weren't really part of the URI, but they
are often used that way.  Indeed there have been specific proposals for
interpretations in things like WS-PolicyAttachments, etc., for how such
links are to be interpretted, ways to refer to a port within a service
within a wsdl file, etc.  Albeit not quite "standard," but convention
rules in many of these cases.  I just wanted to explore the possibilities.

That said, it's fine the way it is...

--
Fred Carter / AmberPoint, Inc.