wsn message

Subject: Re: [wsn] Value/weight added by WSRF

Hi David:
As currently stated, the WSRF WS-ResourceProperties message exchanges WSBN MUST support is GetResourceProperties. Your statement that WSN MUST support GetMultipleResourceProperties is incorrect.

With respect to WSBN supporting the other, optional WSRF WS-ResourceProperties message exchanges, these are optional.  If there is some need for the WSBN NotificationProducer to support GetMultipleResourceProperties and QueryResourceProperties, then the semantics of these are pretty straight forward.  With respect to SetResourceProperties, I understand your reluctance here to specify some sort of Admin semantics for NotificationProducer.  With respect to the ResourceProperties on Notification Producer, Topics, FixedTopicSet and TopicExpressionDialects are all likely to be marked as "read=only".  There is a WSRF issue (Issue WSRF10: Need mechanism to express metadata on properties such as ‘read-only’) that should result in a way to specify that SetResourceProperties should not be used on the RPs defined for NotificationProducer.  Note, however, that NotificationProducer may be "mixed in" with other domain-specific RPs that allow SetResourceProperties modification.

Note, however, that Topics can be added and removed to this list by implementation private API.  If the FixedTopicSet is marked as "false", then the set of Topics supported by the NP may change over time.

Note also, that on SubscriptionManager portType, the RP values on individual subscription WS-Resources MAY be changed using SetResourceProperties, this provides a very interesting "change subscription" possibility.

So, regardless of whether we specify the semantics explicitly in BaseN as separate operations or as constraints/restrictions on the ResourceProperties, the work is pretty much the same.  My position is that I would prefer to reuse WSRF for as much of this as makes sense.

sgg

++++++++
Steve Graham
(919)254-0615 (T/L 444)