wsn message

Subject: [wsn] URLs to .pdfs

Hello,
I very much appreciate these links, since we can use them for the DMTF
WS-CIM WG, and also for internal reference pages.

I would even more appreciate something like a "latest stable" URL for each
spec, if I may speak in open source terms. It is true that outside WGs do
not always have a need to get the latest working draft, and they also
usually prefer a not too high update frequency. It is very important for
outsiders not to simply get the latest, but to understand to what extent
they can consider its content to be stable.

Andy

Andreas Maier
IBM Senior Technical Staff Member,  eServer Software Arch. and Design
IBM Lab Boeblingen,  maiera@de.ibm.com,  +49-7031-16-3654

----- Forwarded by Andreas Maier/Germany/IBM on 11.06.2004 12:50 -----

             "Vambenepe,
             William N"
             <vbp@hp.com>                                               To
                                       "Steve Graham"
             09.06.2004 21:40          <sggraham@us.ibm.com>,
                                       <wsn@lists.oasis-open.org>,
                                       <wsrf@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       [wsn] URLs to .pdfs

I don't have a problem with a "latest draft" URL to help people locate the
latest draft. But we also want to keep the "re-published" versions we are
working on as easily accessible timestamped documents. The whole point of
this republishing is to have a stable version for people. Let's not confuse
them in thinking that whenever a new draft comes out they should
automatically move to it.

Obviously at the end people implement whatever they want, all I am saying
is let's make sure to not create too much confusion with this URL wrt to
our republished docs.

Regards,

William