wsn message

Subject: Use of WS-RF and WS-N for a simple use case I have

Hi,

My apologies for cross-posting here but, it seemed this question is
relevant to both teams.

I have a use case where the resources come into existence dynamically
and terminate after sometime (e.g. like an instance of a class, a unix
process etc.). I would like to host a Web service that would front these
instances and permits clients to subscribe to notifications on the
status of these instances. All instances share common property types
including an "instance-id" type. However the number and actual
instance-ids of these is not known in advance, and change with time.
The Notifications should identify the instance-id of the entity the
notification is for, and a list of properties (types) and their values.

The clients also need to have the option to subscribe to notifications
on a specific instance(s) by supplying their instance-ids (e.g. for long
running ones) (based on previous call like getInstanceList()).

Subscribing to Notifications via Topics does not seem to give me the
granularity or of an instance-id type dynamism that I am looking for
above. Is that correct or did I not understand certain aspect of WS-RF
or WS-N that facilitates this?

To utilize WS-RF and WS-N for my use case how would I go about defining
the resource properties and the topics (and the associated
messageTypes?). How do I specify an instance-id in my subscription?

Thanks, Prasad