wsn message

Subject: WSN agenda

Hi all,

Here is a first pass at our agenda for the face to face meeting from
1/31 noon to 2/1 noon. PLEASE STRIVE TO COMPLETE YOUR ASSIGNED ACTION
ITEMS BEFORE THE MEETING. Feedback on the agenda is welcome.

We will use the usual conf call number:
Toll Free Access Number: 866-639-4730
Toll Access Number: 574-948-0377
Participant PIN: 4474535

Regards,

William

PS: will our IBM hosts please confirm whether lunch will be provided on
Monday and/or Wednesday.

******
Monday
******

12:00 Welcome, grab lunch

12:30 Open phone line
      Roll call
      Minutes
      Decide on group dinner on Tuesday

12:45 Review of AI

AI 5 - WS-BrokeredNotif editors to insert a warning into spec that EPR
usage subject to change pending WS-A WG achieving results (more clarity,
last call, etc) (issue WSN2.14) [11/22 update: Still open, waiting on
wording for BaseN (AI 4)] [1/10 update: should be closed pretty soon]

AI 7 - Editors to adopt for WSN2.15 the same resolution as WSRF did for
their issue 30: WSA:action must match the SOAP uri [1/10 update: done
for WS-BaseN]

AI 10 . Use case: Managing message rates? Igor

AI 11 . Use case: Boxcarring? Martin & Anish

AI 12 . Use case: Advertising continuity support: David H [1]

AI 13 - Steve: Create a detailed proposal for "pull-type" message
retrieval (from Oct F2F, issue WSN1.4)

AI 14 - RickC/Lily to write a proposal for WSN2.28 (from Oct F2F)

AI 15 - Peter to write up proposal for issue WSN 4.2 (from Oct F2F)

AI 16 - Peter and Igor to write proposal to add XPath 1 and XPath 2 as
dialect (1st option in the list of options for issue WSN4.3 (from Oct
F2F)

AI 17 - DavidH, use case for "preventing unwanted subscriptions" [2]

AI 18 - Peter and Steve to write the clarification of wsrp:Dialect use.
i.e. why this element is valuable and how is it applicable to the WSN
uses.

1:30  New issues?
- Event ordering? [3]
- What does it mean to "send" a message [4] (merged with previous
discussion?)
- RefProps removed from EPR? [5]
- Any other?

2:15  Planning for next publications of the documents (editors' drafts,
committee drafts?)

3:00  WS-Topics issues (see separate email for sequence [6])

5:30  Adjourn

*******
Tuesday
*******

8:00  Breakfast, set up

8:30  WS-Topics issues (continued)

11:00 WS-BrokeredNotification issues (see upcoming separate email with
sequence of issues)

12:00 Lunch

12:45 WS-BrokeredNotification issues (continued)

5:00  Decision on what we do on Wednesday (I put a proposal below to
work on policies for WS-BaseN but we might decide to keep focusing on
topics nad brokers instead, based on how things progressed)

5:30  Adjourn

Group dinner?

*********
Wednesday
*********

8:00  Breakfast, set up

8:30  Next F2F logistic

9:00  Decisions on if/how we support the policy chosen scenarios, based
on submitted use cases (I will propose to drop the scenarios that do not
have a use case so if you care about any of them...)

- Durability & Replay [7]
- Managing message rates
- Boxcarring
- Advertising continuity support [1]
- Selection of subtree from large message (Igor had an action item to
provide this use case and the action item was closed during the
11/8/2004 conf call [8] but I can't find the use case. Igor, can you dig
it out?)
- Preventing unwanted subscriptions [2]

12:00 End of the meeting