wsn message

Subject: Baseline semantics points of clarity needed

Folks,

In version 1.3-draft-01d:

Line No    Comment
=======    =======
   109      "deliver" is too strong, "produce" or "issue" or "submit"
would be a better baseline semantic.
   136      ditto as line 109
   191      I think several key definitions need to be moved from the
white paper.
   193      "send" should be "produce" or other similar term.
   195      ditto as line 193
   197      ditto as line 193
   204      ditto as line 109
   214      ditto as line 193
   320      ditto as line 109
   364      ditto as line 109
   390      "receive" is too strong. "produced for the requester" would
be better.
   417      "send" should be "address" in this line.
   439      "deliver" should be "submit" or "address".
   443      ditto as line 109
   446      "deliver" should be "submit" or "address".
   457      ditto as line 109
   467      ditto as line 109
   807      ditto as line 109
   812-814  These lines belong somewhere else. It is an important bit of
info and it's lost here.
   835      ditto as line 109
   839      ditto as line 109 although this sentence also looks broken
in other ways too.
   910      ditto as line 109

   926-933  These lines delineate all semantic options that MAY apply.
This approach does make it clear that BaseNot does not specific which,
but it requires us to enumerate all options everywhere. This is the
only place where this listing style is used in BN. So either add a full
list of semantic options at all other places, or find a way to state
more generally that no semantic is applied and delete this list. I
recommend the latter.

Choose one of the following of the following words and use it
consistently "produce" or "issue" or "submit". I like the language of
"producing NotificationMessages" and it means that the message is
created and submitted for delivery to whatever delivery mechanism is
supported by the NP. The NP, by default, makes no statement about the
order in which messages are produced with respect to each other or with
respect to the situations that gave rise to their production. This
loose semantic definition of message production should be called out
early in the document, e.g. terminology section.

--

Take care:

     Dr. David Snelling < David . Snelling . UK . Fujitsu . com >
     Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe
     Hayes Park Central
     Hayes End Road
     Hayes, Middlesex  UB4 8FE