wsn message

Subject: RE: [wsn] Groups - Proposal for Pull Notification (pull proposal.1.pdf) uploaded

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the proposal. I have some comments and also a strawman
proposal to address my concerns ...

Is it a good idea to put the pull functionality on top of the
Subscription capability? I believe pull (just like push) is a delivery
level concept and we should try to keep it separate from the
Subscription semantics.

I therefore propose the following -
A> Define an interface for a QueueFactory and a QueueManager
B> Define an interface for a Queue for pulling messages
C> Keep Subscription interfaces unchanged. The Subscribe request now
contains EPR for a queue instead of a push endpoint.

Apart from allowing the clean separation of delivery semantics from
Subscription capabilities, the above proposal allows for -
A> A Subscriber to shift between a pull mode and push mode as and when
it wishes.

B> Use cases where an independent MailBox service hosts multiple queues
(with possibly different QoS) from which the Subscriber can
independently pick and choose a particular Queue it prefers and passes
its EPR as ConsumerReference to the NotificationProducer as part of the
Subscribe message (like any other regular Subscription ME).

Let us talk more tomorrow!

Thanks,
Sanjay

ocument_id=11249

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email
application
may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and
paste

-OASIS Open Administration