wsn message

Subject: Re: [wsn] editor notes on WS-BaseN draft 'i'

Title: Re: [wsn] editor notes on WS-BaseN draft 'i'

Thanks Steve.
Dave
--------------------------

From: Steve Graham <sggraham@us.ibm.com>
To: wsn@lists.oasis-open.org <wsn@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Fri Jun 03 16:02:53 2005
Subject: [wsn] editor notes on WS-BaseN draft 'i'

I made a significant number of edits on draft 'i' of BaseN.  Draft 'i' is a modification of draft 'h', change markup continues from draft 'h'.
There are a couple of items marked <HELP> that I would appreciate discussion on.

2.47, 2.55, 2.41, 2.23.
To the best of my knowledge, only "WSN1.4: Support for pull-type notification" remains to be done.  We have a proposed resolution, however, the changes in markup are significant in draft 'i', and I thought we should review changes to date, and then do another draft containing 1.4 and any other clean up required by the TC.

Detailed notes:

*       ForeMatter:

*       Draft 'h' title page was  a formatting disaster.  It took quite a bit of effort to restore to something similar to pre draft 'h'.

*       Document id updated.

*       Section 1. Introduction

*       minor edits

*       Section 2.1 Definitions

*       <HELP>Bryan's comment "Review all of these items". We need to do this. This text is from the PubSub document, and I believe the definitions are still important and the description text still accurate </HELP>

*       On the description of SubscriptionManager, I rejected David's modifications and repsonded to his comment.

*       Section 2.2 Production vs. Delivery

*       Added comment on David's amended paragraph

*       Section 3 NotificationConsumer Interface

*       Rejected delete in first paragraph, modified the text to indicate "other ways"

*       Section 3.1 Notification Metadata

*       Minor edits

*       Removed description of open conten {any} into the definition of Notify itself

*       Section 3.2 Notify

*       Made modifications to schema to reflect the metadata separation (2.51)

*       Section 3.2.1 Example Soap for Notify

*       Changed URI value of the TopicExpression in the example

*       Other minor changes

*       Section 4.2 Subscribe

*       commentary on the Subset vs Subsequence comment from David

*       Editorial modifications to the text related to addressing issue 2.33

*       Swapped ordering of the SubscriptionPolicy component and the Initial Termination Time component (also in XSD in appendix). It seems to me that SubscriptionPolicy is closer to open content, hence the affinity being closer to the {any} component.

*       added {any} per issue 2.47

*       modified description of Filter/TopicExpression/@dialect per david's comment

*       executed on resolution to 2.41 per Peter's proposal

*       Responded to David's comments on the initial termination time description

*       collapsed duplicated useRawValue fault into invalidRawValue fault

*       added fault definitions to XSD and WSDL

*       Section 4.2.1 Example SOAP for Subscribe

*       Updated example TopicExpression dialect URI was

*       removed the example ProducerProperties component, it was bogus!

*       Section 4.3 GetCurrent Message

*       added {any} per issue 2.47

*       Section 5 Subscription Manager

*       Massive changes due to resolution to 2.23 (ie refactoring Subscription Manager into Base, Pausable and composable resource properties)

*       Section 6 Security Considerations

*       <HELP>need to understand better the implications of David and Bryan's comments</HELP>

*       Section 7 References

*       Added reference to SOAP 1.1

*       Updated WSA reference

*       <HELP>are the updated references to Brokered and topics correct? <HELP>

*       <HELP>we need the URL to the WSN Primer to insert into the non-normative references</HELP>

*       updated URL to WSSecurity

*       executed resolution to 2.55

*       Appendix A

*       <HELP>is this list up to date </HELP>

*       XSD Appendix

*       InitialTerminationTime component needed to include xsd:nillable="true"

*       many other modifications per resolutions

*       WSDL Appendix

*       many other modifications per resolutions

        sgg
++++++++
Steve Graham
(919)254-0615 (T/L 444)
STSM, IBM Software Group, Web services and SOA
Member, IBM Academy of Technology
<Soli Deo Gloria/>
++++++++